River of Life is committed to fulfilling a four-fold mission.
The mission, beliefs, ideas, and commitments of our Faith have been preserved and carried forward for over 2,000 years. Today, we feel we are challenged to continue this tradition by providing a prolific, healthy ministry which serves and responds to the needs of our immediate community. Consequently, we believe our Assembly is called to live out a four-fold vision: Worship God, Connect Believers, Empower Disciples, Love the Community.
Worship God – We believe the purpose of worship is to praise and exalt God in all that we do and say. Therefore, we strive to WORSHIP God in spirit and in truth, united with others to praise Him in an atmosphere which honors the Holy Spirit.
Connect Believers – We believe in being a family, one that will support, encourage, and strengthen faith in God. Therefore, we will CONNECT to GOD and people through involvement in the Assembly and across Pocatello, creating opportunities for relationships to develop and grow.
Empower Disciples – We believe in spiritual growth to include daily time in God’s Word, and being sharpened by those that have gone before us in the faith. Therefore, we seek to LEARN the Bible, apply it, and help others mature in Christ. We will equip and be equipped for the ministry opportunities that present themselves.
Love the Community – We believe in loving others as Christ loved us by not only sharing the Gospel but by living it out in our daily lives and to our community. Therefore, we commit to GO to anyone, anywhere, at any time for the cause of Christ, reaching the lost and proclaiming the Good News of Jesus Christ. As empowered disciples we will make a difference in Pocatello and throughout the world.
What a joy it is to introduce you to our church! You’ll discover that our passion is to provide a place where people just like you can have a life-changing experience with God.
At River of Life Church, our doors are wide open to people from all backgrounds, regardless of where they are on their spiritual journey. We don’t expect anyone to show up a super Christian. And certainly there are no super Christians here. We admit we need God and each other to fulfill our God given destinies. Come as you are and enjoy our powerful worship services that offer biblical truth in creative and practical ways.
But it won’t take you long to discover that we’re more than just a Sunday church. In fact, our goal is to establish a network of life groups. And if you’d like to develop authentic and enduring relationships with others, you’ll be glad to know there are opportunities to join a group all the time.
Together, we’re striving to become the kind of church described in the Bible, where there’s down to earth teaching, heart-felt worship, honest friendships, constant prayer, and compassionate care for those in need. In short, we’d like to have the kind of contagious Christianity that can influence and encourage the entire community, one life at a time.
So whether you’re a spiritual seeker who’s just starting to ask questions about God, or a committed Christian who wants to use your gifts in or lead a life group, you can find a home here at River of Life Church.
In the meantime, you can use this site to check out our ministries, listen to one of our weekend services, find information on our church, or read about what’s going on around the church.
Enjoy, and please contact us if you have any questions.
Pastor Rich and Janet Riter
These are nonnegotiable tenets of faith that all Assemblies of God churches adhere to. This list is derived from the official Statement of Fundamental Truths.
1. WE BELIEVE…The Scriptures are inspired by God and declare His design and plan for mankind.
2. WE BELIEVE…There is only One True God revealed in three persons…Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (commonly known as the Trinity).
3. WE BELIEVE…In the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. As God’s son Jesus was both human and divine.
4. WE BELIEVE…though originally good, Man Willingly Fell to Sin ushering evil and death, both physical and spiritual, into the world.
5. WE BELIEVE…Every Person Can Have Restored Fellowship with God through ‘Salvation’ (trusting Christ, through faith and repentance, to be our personal Savior).
6.WE BELIEVE…and practice two ordinances (1) Water Baptism by Immersion after repenting of one’s sins and receiving Christ’s gift of salvation, and (2) Holy Communion (the Lord’s Supper) as a symbolic remembrance of Christ’s suffering and death for our salvation.
7. WE BELIEVE…the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is a Special Experience Following Salvation that empowers believers for witnessing and effective service, just as it did in New Testament times.
8. WE BELIEVE… The Initial Physical Evidence of the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is Speaking in Tongues, as experienced on the Day of Pentecost and referenced throughout Acts and the Epistles.
9.WE BELIEVE…Sanctification Initially Occurs at Salvation and is not only a declaration that a believer is holy, but also a progressive lifelong process of separating from evil as believers continually draw closer to God and become more Christ-like.
10. WE BELIEVE…The Church has a Mission to seek and save all who are lost in sin. We believe ‘the Church’ is the Body of Christ and consists of the people who, throughout time, have accepted God’s offer of redemption (regardless of religious denomination) through the sacrificial death of His son Jesus Christ.
11. WE BELIEVE…A Divinely Called and Scripturally Ordained Leadership Ministry Serves the Church. The Bible teaches that each of us under leadership must commit ourselves to reach others for Christ, to worship Him with other believers, to build up or edify the body of believers the Church and to meet human need with ministries of love and compassion.
12. WE BELIEVE…Divine Healing of the Sick is a Privilege for Christians Today and is provided for in Christ’s atonement (His sacrificial death on the cross for our sins).
13.WE BELIEVE…in The Blessed Hope. When Jesus Raptures His Church Prior to His Return to Earth (the second coming). At this future moment in time all believers who have died will rise from their graves and will meet the Lord in the air, and Christians who are alive will be caught up with them, to be with the Lord forever.
14.WE BELIEVE…in The Millennial Reign of Christ when Jesus returns with His saints at His second coming and begins His benevolent rule over earth for 1,000 years. This millennial reign will bring the salvation of national Israel and the establishment of universal peace.
15.WE BELIEVE…A Final Judgment Will Take Place for those who have rejected Christ. They will be judged for their sin and consigned to eternal punishment in a punishing lake of fire.
16.WE BELIEVE…and look forward to the perfect New Heavens and a New Earth that Christ is preparing for all people, of all time, who have accepted Him. We will live and dwell with Him there forever following His millennial reign on Earth. ‘And so shall we forever be with the Lord!